The opioid epidemic has swept across the United States, leading to thousands of deaths, ravaged lives and crippling addictions. No state is immune to the dangers these drugs pose, including New Mexico. More than half of the drug overdose deaths throughout the state involved opioids — with over 300 fatalities. New Mexico’s drug overdose death rate has also been notably higher than the national average for many years.
To combat this, New Mexico’s Overdose Prevention and Pain Management Advisory Council has strived to increase the availability of opioid recovery treatment — including medication-assisted treatment (MAT) like the program offered at MedMark Treatment Centers El Paso, not far from southern New Mexico.
If you live in the southeastern section of New Mexico and struggle with opioid addiction, read on to learn more about your treatment options.
What New Mexico Residents Should Look for in an Opioid Addiction Recovery Center
Addiction to prescription pain pills or illicit substances such as heroin is a serious medical condition. Professional opioid addiction treatment gives you your best chance at a successful recovery, which is why New Mexico’s Department of Health promotes MAT programs for those who want to break free from opioid addiction.
To ensure you find the right New Mexico MAT addiction center, here are a few features your treatment should have:
- Medication administered by medical professionals: Medications such as methadone or buprenorphine can effectively address the physical side effects of opioid addiction. However, their use should always be medically supervised.
- Substance use counseling: Whether you need individual counseling or group therapy, counseling is an integral part of any comprehensive MAT treatment plan.
- Accreditation: Accreditation signals a facility’s commitment to quality health care. MedMark El Paso is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
How to Find Opioid Treatment in New Mexico
While not in New Mexico, MedMark El Paso offers effective treatment to help patients struggling with opioid addiction. Our fully accredited methadone clinic is located less than 20 miles from the New Mexico border. We offer a wide range of services to help you overcome this disease and lead a healthier, fuller life. Our treatment options include:
- Personalized treatment plans.
- Methadone maintenance treatment.
- Medical supervision and regular evaluations.
- Substance abuse counseling.
- Treatment for pregnant women.
- Relapse prevention education.
- Discharge planning services.
- Referrals to community organizations.
While MedMark Treatment Centers may not have any clinics in New Mexico, we are affiliated with a group of treatment centers that specifically cater to the needs of individuals in this state — Recovery Services of New Mexico. With four clinics in the Albuquerque area and one near Roswell, you’re bound to find a location near you where you can get the help you need.
Contact MedMark Today for More Information
Opioid addiction is a serious chronic condition. Those living in New Mexico deserve the most effective treatment available, and MedMark El Paso can help. We treat addictions to prescription painkillers, heroin and any other opioid. Contact us today to find out more about MAT coupled with substance abuse counseling.