Benefits of Individual Counseling
Our goal during individual counseling sessions is to figure out why you started and continued to use opioids. We help you identify the situations and experiences that have contributed to your opioid use, and we work together to change the long-term effects of those events by:
- Creating a safe space for you to talk about past traumas and issues
- Educating you on the science of addiction and relapse prevention
- Modifying your thoughts, feelings and behaviors toward opioid use
- Teaching you new coping tools to handle stressful situations in life
- Offering guidance for rebuilding relationships with family and friends
Applying what you learn through individual counseling can help you become a more productive member of society and lead a more purposeful life.